Saturday, October 21, 2023

Clove, The Indonesia's Spices

Working in company that processing various spices have enrich my knowledge. I am graduated from Agriculture faculty, however, I must admit that having chance to be part of my current company made me realize Indonesia has few and well known spices in the world such as; vanilla, clove, and nutmeg

I will write more about clove this time. According to Scienagri.com Indonesia is one of the nine biggest countries that producing clove. In Indonesia itself the area which are the source of clove such as; Sulawesi, Maluku, Flores, and even Bali is also has produce clove. The peak season of clove during August to Sept, however it could be changed depend on the climate condition. Like in 2023 where rainy season happen longer cause shortage of clove stock in the market and kick the price up.

In the market in Indonesia for industrial clove, the standard quality called AB6 so with kind of calculation the total of moisture percentage (Kadar Air) and foreign material (Kadar Kotor) are max 6. I must be honest that I fully understand about this calculation a year ago after educated by one of suppliers.


Manufacturer could turns clove to become extract either in liquid or powder as well as make it into tea bag cut finish goods. Cigarette, pharmacy, food and beverage industries are also using clove.

Clove it self has several benefits and good for health. There are: anti bacteria, good for blood sugar level, maintain the lever health etc.


Next time I will share more about other Indonesia's spices or perhaps my journey working in spices company which give me chance to visit many cities in Indonesia.


Picture source: Tripper Nature

No comments:

Self Reminder: The Born Day

Today is my born day, I think I never post on my born day, but this year I want to write few words. Since I was young, in my family, not rea...